Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Post for April 7

Post for April 7

GAME DAY

Hello Students and parents. Last Thursday all grades were given an assignment that was due on Monday April 6th. Only half of the students in each class have done this assignment. If you have yet to complete it, please do.

I will be posting one small task to do each day, but I will only assign a due date for 1 assignment a week. You can choose to do all the tasks or none, but you MUST do the posted assignment with a due date. Having children myself, I know that having many assignments to do at this time can be overwhelming and you might not have the technology or the time on the technology to do many assignments. Still, I have had some students doing all tasks so far and I know that there are students who want to keep themselves busy and a bit distracted on outside events. I am trying to give options to both types of students.

I am sending out a Kahoot to students. You will have a couple of days to do this Kahoot. You will need to use a phone to do the game. Kahoots can now be done by remote learning. Please give it a try. Don't forget there is also a fun game you can play on Quizlet. You can compete with fellow classmates on the Match icon. I have had students in the past start competitions with each other and even my youngest child likes to beat his personal best.

I have been trying to message everyone who completes a task or their once a week assignment. I appreciate all the students who have been messaging me and I want to try to stay in touch with every student. I too miss the interaction and long for a bit of normalcy. I also appreciate the parents and students who have emailed me for information and assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need to.

I also posted a video to all classes today which is a video vocabulary lesson to honor the day of Secwepemc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment